Add Smiley
:) :D ^^
:-\ :S :O
:B :P ;-P
($) (Z) ):O
:( :'( :-{}
:> :6 ;)

Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Code Insert Image Create Link   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   More BBCode Tags
Font Color: Font Size:
Security Image:
Enter Letters From Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
covo Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 4:57:59 AM(UTC)

TommyB wrote:
O..k, thanks for reporting. I never had seen such a problem.

to be precise: the link died after > 2 days
TommyB Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 2:16:03 AM(UTC)

O..k, thanks for reporting. I never had seen such a problem.
I will have a look at it, but not "today". (it's already 3am here)
Thomas Baumann
BattCursor.Net - Developer
Shotty.Devs-On.Net - Developer
Devs-On.Net - Administrator
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)

When I post FP:TommyB in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting
covo Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 2:07:27 AM(UTC)

TommyB wrote:
The image expiration works, but yes, we had a problem some time ago.

We have it now (or rather a few days ago, untill now :) --> http://tinyurl.com/zb9rt2t <-- 5 pictures & that is a demonstration link
http://images.devs-on.net/Image/HxMacpr1AHK9Kcaq-Obszar.png
So, you know... :)
TommyB Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 12:55:36 AM(UTC)

covo wrote:
You don't understand me.
ok,
TommyB wrote:
The option exists.

but (for what?.) why for: 6 months,3 months, even - 1 month?? :) :) It doesn't work (for a relatively long time... I know something about it)
imgur.com - it doesn't work too, so - what imgur's doing in the options?

The image expiration works, but yes, we had a problem some time ago. We got flooded with screenshots from an online game. Now we know that Microsoft's Globally Unique Identifier is anything else than unique. Several screenshots gots unavailable or overwritten. But this was happened about 1 or 2 years ago. Also this bug is fixed now.

The imgur is included into the source code of Shotty. So it will remain there until an Update comes out. It is not possible to remove it wihtout an update.
Also I have added the imgur support before the licence change described above. Before that the service was free.
Thomas Baumann

When I post FP:TommyB in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting
covo Posted: Friday, May 06, 2016 12:38:37 AM(UTC)

You don't understand me.
ok,
TommyB wrote:
The option exists.

but (for what?.) why for: 6 months,3 months, even - 1 month?? :) :) It doesn't work (for a relatively long time... I know something about it)
imgur.com - it doesn't work too, so - what imgur's doing in the options?
TommyB Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 3:33:01 AM(UTC)

The option exists.
You can select between 1 day, 1 week (= 7 days), and 1, 3 or 6 months.

3 months is the default setting in Shotty, unless you change it. You can do it either with the drop down arrow on the right on your screenshot or using the upload dialog (if "show configuration before upload" is enabled).
Thomas Baumann

covo Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2016 1:59:31 AM(UTC)

TommyB wrote:
Our service is free and also completely free of ad's. But our server isn't.

I know, I know... But:
why did you write "6 months" in options?
http://prntscr.com/b0e3p6
why not 7 days?
TommyB Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:23:38 PM(UTC)

covo wrote:
TommyB wrote:
Seems like imgur has changed something.

but:
what devs-on.net has changed...? :) -> http://images.devs-on.net/Image/aE9sAiq6RhkU5HEf-Region.png

Nothing.

Since the beginning of Shotty, our image provider (images.devs-on.net) is designed for temporary images, just to show it to other peoples over the internet, for support reason or whatever. They expires after some time, default setting is 3 Months. Also you can set it to 1 day if you want to. After that time the image gets automatically deleted.

The reason is simple.
We already have received over 1.5 million screenshots. Our service is free and also completely free of ad's. But our server isn't. You may know, storing millions of images costs disk space. Our provider says more disk space, no problem, but you have to pay for it. Well… No. It's fine as it is.
Thomas Baumann

covo Posted: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 9:14:03 PM(UTC)

TommyB wrote:
Seems like imgur has changed something.

but:
what devs-on.net has changed...? :) -> http://images.devs-on.net/Image/aE9sAiq6RhkU5HEf-Region.png
TommyB Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:45:33 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the link.

I will not update the imgur part in Shotty.

In their new licence it says:
"Commercial Usage
Your application is commercial if you're making any money with it (which includes in-app advertising), if plan on making any money with it, or if it belongs to a commercial organization."

Even I have received only about 80€ within 4 years (about 1,66€ a month) with donations, this makes Shotty to a commercial application in their eyes.
And commercial applications needs to pay to get upload access. I will not support this behaviour; I will not pay for something that I don't use and I don't get (noticeable) money for.

Sorry for that, but you may understand it.
Thomas Baumann

TommyB's Skin (Based upon Clean Slate theme by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko))